viernes, 13 de enero de 2012

Birthday wishes

Birthday today---!

I´m the official 2-5 now (guess I should change my profile description, huh?). Not quite sure how to feel about that, because I´m apparently supposed to act all "adult-like" now, according to my parents. My grandma keeps on reminding me that she´d already had my Dad and his two brothers at my age....and how she was getting plushies then, but for her babies. (why doesn´t she go bother my other two older cousins about that?)*shrug* I think that liking cute things and plushies is perfectly compatible with acting in the way you´re expected to in public, as an "adult". I´ve been responsible my whole life, liking plushies isn´t going to magically turn me into a 5-year-old.

I´m really happy, though; I had a nice morning (there were one or two rough spots in my morning, but let´s just ignore them, shall we?). I´m really pleased with everything I got (pictures tomorrow--I´ve already taken them, just don´t have time to upload).

People are just so generous that it makes me really glad to be here. It makes me want to give back just as much too! What a great feeling, don´t you think? I want to share the happiness!

I haven´t felt this energized in quite some time; lately I´ve had to make an effort to be energetic most of the day (I´m tired and sleepy a lot lately).

I got to pick the dinner menu today, we´re having sukiyaki and dimsum! I love how the birthday person gets to pick what to eat on their birthday in my family....I´m going to keep that tradition whenever I have kids.

A bit ego-centric of me to post this for myself, but I just really want to post this birthday GIF! I got it from a friend, who posted it to me on Facebook. Bear with me! It was just too cute to resist!



Hugs to everyone!

2 comentarios:

  1. That gif is so adorable!! ^^ What a nice tradition to pick the dinner! :)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. There's no such thing as "adult-like" behavior. Just be yourself!

    Happy birthday!

    ResponderEliminar