martes, 13 de diciembre de 2011

An Ornament a Day: Day 4

This blog series doesn´t seem to be very popular--but I´ll continue it anyhow, since I´m enjoying it myself. It´s an exercise in remembering the history behind every Christmas decoration on our tree. They all have something special; none were bought randomly.




This ornament is made of wood and wool. It´s a figure of a boy and a girl, wrapped up in winter clothes and in the middle of sledding. The girl is sitting in the front, while the boy pushes. I really like the way the figures are poised, right at the moment when the boy is pushing the sled forward with his own leg power.  This cute ornament was a gift from my other grandmother. She bought it for me (and my brother too, I guess, but he was really little) to hanf in the tree.

1 comentario: