For the first day of "an ornament a day", I´ll show off one of my rocking horses.
I love rocking horses, so our Christmas tree has several different ones. This is one of the most special ones, though, because my grandmother gave it to me. It´s pretty old; she used to hang it on her own tree when my Dad was a child. Now it hangs in ours. I expect tat it was probably originally a toy, since it has no way to hang it up except for the gold wire that, as you can see is tied onto its saddle and around the horse´s middle. I used to play with it as a child too (to my mom´s frustration, as I was supposed to help with tree decorating).
It´s really cute and rocks perfectly, as it should. I hope that, when the time comes, I can take it with me when I leave home and settle down in my own house. It has a lot of memories tied to it.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario