Day 3: 10 things you hate in lolita.
This was a bit harder than I thought it´d be.
- The stares and laughter: While on some days I enjoy being the center of atention, I never enjoy it if I get laughed at when I´m in lolita. Related to this,
- A. Lolita is not very well known or accepted outside of Japan: I know that the fashion can´t help it, and that slowly this situation is reversing, but.....sometimes I wish that Lolita were as accepted as the "goth" and "punk" and "grunge" looks are in the West. I wonder if I´ll ever see the day when a lolita walks down the street and gets a "Nice JSK!" or "Nice lolita look!" from a random passerby.
- The expenses: Buying brand clothing is horribly expensive--even if you buy it secondhand. Even now Bodyline prices and those of other "offbrand" shops have been rising. Being a lolita, whether a lifestyle one or not, definitely depletes your pockets.
- The lack of real-life stores outside of Japan: Of course they exist--but if you´re unlucky enough not to live in San Francisco, Paris, London or New York, you´re pretty much stuck. Finding lolita items is nearly impossible in regular shops; even "loliable" clothes are rare.
- Store webpages that are in Japanese: There are a lot of brands and stores nowadays that not only ship outside of Japan, but also have webpages (or at least staff) that know English. But this is not the case when you leave the "larger" brands. I have had to give up buying one or two JSKs that I really liked from the sheer impossibility of navigating through their webpages, even with the help of a translator.
- Shoe sizing: It has got to be the most darned confusing sizing I have ever come across. I still don´t understand how I can measure my feet, give them a few free "extra" millimeters, order the shoes, and still have them pinch my feet. This has happened to me with all my lolita shoes--and believe me, my feet don´t regularly grow and shrink.
- Petticoats: While the floofyness of petticoats recieves my undying love, I also somewhat dislike them--in summer, they are very hot. Bleh. Also, petticoats additionally force you to wear bloomers or boyshorts underneath your skirt unless you want to flash your panties.....which adds to layers and therefore the heat.
- The "exclusive" and "snobbish" behaviour of some lolitas towards others. I haven´t suffered this myself, but I´ve seen it, and I hate it.
- Head-eating bows: I love bows. But these are just a bit ridiculous looking in most situations. (=_= That said, i actually own *one*).
- The "consumism feeling" that all lolitas are trapped in. We oooh and aaah over brand (or offbrand), and buy buy buy. Lolita is a focus of a lot of money. That said, the positive aspect is that many lolitas sell sell sell when they´re tired of their pieces.
- Heart-shaped lolita aprons: I think they are horrible. Regular frills in an apron are alright, or ones with cute prints, but I absolutely can´t stand ones like this:

<---The horror of the Heart Apron of DoomThough I seriously don´t know whether the fact that BTSSB came out with this other design is scarier. Ew.--->
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario