jueves, 10 de noviembre de 2011

Nail art: Pink sparkly stars

I love playing around with my nails. My favorite type of manicure is "french manicure". However, since I prefer to get that done instead of doing it myself (straight lines, bleh...., I generally try other things with my nails while at home.

Every few manicures,  I spend one week to a month with natural nails, so that they can "breathe" and recover from being painted and atacked by nail polish remover. I can really tell when my nails have had enough, they start looking darker or their surface roughens.

This time around, I decided to try wearing "nail stickers" on my nails. I decided that my theme would be "pink stars", since it has been awhile since I last painted my nails. I really wanted to use my hot pink nail polish. Everything went great....until I couldn´t find my last polish: my clear topcoat. I had to use my clear-with-silver-glitter polish as topcoat instead, which transfomed my theme to "pink sparkly stars".

The glitter somehow makes the nails hard to photograph--both in natural and artificial lighting, but I tried.


 Thumb.

 Shooting star on my index finger.

 Three-star chain on my ring finger.


General view of all of my fingers. 

I used the same pattern on both hands: big star on thumb, shooting star on index, big star on middle , three-star-chain on ring and big star on pinkie. A shame that the glitter doesn´t really show in the pictures: my nails are actually pretty darned sparkly.


What do you think, do you like them? My students certainly did! I actually had one of my girls ask to take a picture of them on her cellphone. What a pleasant surprise.




3 comentarios:

  1. Very cool! How well do the stickers hold up? I'd like to try using them but I'm afraid they'll come off too easy. >_<

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Wow, those stickers are so cute! It's so hard to paint such small details!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. @akuma: If you´re not too hard on your nails, they´re pretty resistant. You have to put one ot two topcoats on top of them, though, or else they´ll unstick easily. I´m evil on my nails--regular polish lasts only 3-4days on me without chipping, but these are looking nice and solid at the moment....

    @Zeruda: Yeah, I agree! Which is why it´s cool that they´re stickers and easy to put on. :D

    ResponderEliminar