lunes, 14 de noviembre de 2011

Myths and Farytales: Prince Hyacinth and the Dear Little Princess

One of the novels I´m currently reading is based on a particular old fairy-tale. I decided that, before continuing any longer, I wanted to read the origianl. Thank you Internet, thank you wikipedia!

I somehow ended up browsing though a great deal of fairytale summaries, but there was one in particular that caught my eye:  "Prince Hyacinth and the Dear Little Princess". It´s not very common to find a prince with a name like "Hyacinth". It´s even less common when the whole purpose of the action in the story is......for getting him to realize that he has an abnormally large nose!

 A picture of Prince Hyacinth, his nose and the Dear Little Princess.


It made me laugh, the whole situation and the lengths to which the Queen goes (to hide that her son´s nose is large) are so absurd. I suggest you check it out as well. Like all fairy tales, it´s not particularly long. You can find the story here, the same place which was the source of my image up there.

East of the Sun and West of the Moon is still my favorite, though. So romantic.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario