I didn´t think to take a picture, but you should have seen my mailbox! It was so crammed with books that not a letter more could have fit in! Makes me wonder why the postman didn´t just ring the doorbell to give them to us, actually. Fortunately, it didn´t rain, and we usually pick up our mail right after the postman comes by, so they didn´t get even a drop of water on them.
To tell you the truth, I have our postman´s routes timed and calculated to a tee. He always comes by our house at 11am on the dot. For bigger packages, they (another pair of postmen in a truck instead of on a motorcycle) come by at 1pm or so. ^_^ You can´t tell at all that I love getting mail and/or packages, right? Hahaha.
I get along so well with one of our postmen that he even caught a package that had been mislabeled once (my house number is 36, and the label said 3). Showed up at my door with the package and said "This says three on it, not thirty-six, but I knew this one was yours, it´s from Japan!".
So, pictures of my books!!
These 4 are from my "I-want-to-be-a-better-teacher" part of the haul. Almost exclusively for my Proficiency class: I want them to write better, as well as have extra grammar exercises for them. The last one, "Grammar for English Language Teachers" was recommended to me by two other teacher-friends. So I bought it, and it is admittedly quite thorough. Being more of an instinctive-english girl than a grammarian, I know that this will really help me explain in those lessons where I need to teach direct grammar. I´ve already used it for one class (yesterday); it was quite useful.
These other two books are from my "I want to enjoy life and hobbies somehow" section of the book haul. I couldn´t resist the "Dressmaker´s technique bible". I´ve only skimmed through a few pages, and I can already tell that it´ll be essential. It shows you from how to do seams to how to distinguish cloth types. As for the "Historic costumes" book, it was on sale (nearly 50% discount!) and I thought it might be useful for the Three Musketeers clothes. So far, it looks like it focuses on English outfits and is a bit confusing.....but I´m sure that something can be salvaged from it as soon as I actually read it. There are a lot of dress patterns, so I might actually end up making myself a medieval dress sometime!
All in all, I´m really happy with my haul. The only problem now will be finding where to put them! I have entirely too many books on my shelves......
wow wow wow! So many useful books! :D
ResponderEliminar