lunes, 18 de junio de 2012

Cooking with Laia: Chicken Parmesan

Hello there again!

If there is one thing that I really enjoy eating, it´s cheese. I´m a fan of a lot of different varieties, but if I had to pick a top three for cheese, I´d choose Cured Manchego Cheese, Red Cheddar Cheese and Parmesan Cheese. As you can see, I´m a fan of stongly-flavored, aged cheese.

I also like chicken much more than any kind of meat (or fish).

This weekend, I wanted to make breaded chicken, one of my favorite dishes. I always accompany it with salad or french fries (depending on whether I´m feeling healthy or naughty).

Then I thought......"We have a wedge of Parmesan Cheese in our fridge. Why not use it to combine two things you like best?" So, I did.

Behold, Breaded Parmesan Chicken!



It´s quite easy, you just have to mix the grated cheese with the breadcrumbs and that´s it. You should put in enough cheese that it tastes like cheese, but taking into account your own personal proportion--just how cheesy do you want it to be? (My answer was: Very cheesy!)

I also cut the chicken thinner than usual, to make sure that the cheese didn´t burn or melt too much while the chicken was cooking in the fryer. 


Oh, and a recommended ingredient when breading: I´ve discovered Japanese "Panko"! It´s very cool, it´s normal breadcrumbs but treated somehow so that they´re still crunchy even after frying! You can absolutely tell the difference, and it´s also a different texture and crunchiness than when using corn flakes or regular breadcrumbs in the breading process. It was a very interesting change from my usual "breaded chicken".

Would you like to eat this? Are you also a "cheese fan"?





2 comentarios:

  1. I have never tried breaded chicken. Actually it never crossed my mind it's possible to do it O_O I usually bread fish ^^

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Really? I bread fish, chicken and meat (meat I don´t do very often, though). You should try it; breaded chicken is very good.

      Eliminar