lunes, 11 de junio de 2012

Baking materpieces: Banana-chocolate chip muffins

Hello everyone!!

I´m in the middle of correcting my kiddies´ third term exams at the moment, and calculating their final grades, but everybody has the right to take a moment to rest, right?

In my moment this weekend, I took the time to make some delicious banana-chocolate-chip muffins.It was a bit of a celabration for me when I actually found some chocolate chips--for some reason, they´re not easy to find here in Spain. I guess because it´s not really traditional to use them in our cakes and cookies and such.

The muffins!!

The kind I found was semi-sweet dark chocolate chips. I like milk chocolate better, but--beggars can´t be choosers. In the end, the semi-sweet dark flavor worked out best with the natural sweetness of the ripe bananas I used. They were Canary island bananas, by the way--they´re smaller and sweeter than the average bananas (so I had to use 5 instead of the 2 that the recipe indicated).

They looked good; quite professional!

Biting into them when they were hot and the chocolate chips were gooey was bliss.

The batter made 12 normal-sized muffins. With what I had left over, I made 12 mini-muffins. I could have made 6 more normal ones, but I really wanted to try out the mini muffin cups I bought at IKEA way back in February.

So tiny and cute!
The design on the small ones--the larger muffin cups were plain.

I had lots of fun with this quick project; it also enabled me to use up the overripe bananas that none of us really wanted to eat! I´m definitely going to repeat this recipe again; it´s been more popular than the banana-blueberry ones.

What´s you favorite kind of muffins?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario