Yep, this is another one of those WTF Baby posts.
I find it quite amusing to look at some of the crazy or horrendous things that brands have thought up and wanted to sell (or even worse: actually succeeded in selling, just because they´re brand). I think I´m going to incorporate this to a regular posting schedule, oncce all of my exams and such are over and my schedule settles down a bit. I´m also going to incorporate other brands into this, because, let´s face it--every brand has the right to a hall of shame. And everyone can use the laughs (either at my commentary ot at the items or both--anything goes!).
Today´s Hall of Shame item is the following, courtesy of Baby the Stars Shine Bright:
Yes, girls. Let´s just dutifully repeat from the lolita rules handbook: What is it that a lolita must never ever wear lest it be branded as "cosplay"? Cat ears! What is it that all lolitas must hate, as it associates lolitas to "cosplay"? Maid outfits! Isn´t this what every "veteran" lolita attempts to pound into the brain of all "newbie lolis"? The rule that we have all grown up with and must never ever forget unless we´re willing to suffer the agony and melodrama of being branded "ita"?
Baby, at one point in time, decided to ignore the "rules". They thought "Hey, we´re BTSSB, we can totally do anything we want." And they really can--because they´ve actually sold these. They were snapped up within minutes of one of Closet Child´s updates (and they weren´t precisely cheap), so I can only assume that lolitas out there actually want them. Astonishing. Let´s take another look:
Yep, those are still cat ears. Cat ears with an absolute "maido" touch. Did Baby put the rules through the blender, and make something out of the only bits that survived? "Maid" and "nekomimi"? Was "Nekomaido" the result of that moment of madness?
I´ve always thought that lolita rules were (to quote a certain famous pirate) "Not really rules, but more like guidelines." But still, I can´t help but wonder what possessed the designers to make this. As if the occasional maid-reminiscent/aproned lolita pieces weren´t toeing the line enough, they just had to take it up a notch.
I still hate maid outfits, though. They really bring bad memories and all those instilled fears to mind. Taking a picture with these, no matter how much you prove that they´re "burando", would be a loli suicide (lolicide?) unless you´re one of those lolita style icons. If you´re not, you risk (or almost certainly guarantee) branding as an "ita". If you are, you might just start a wierd and yet groundbreaking trend.
Thank goodness that at least the lace is good quality. There´s always that, right?


I don't know....I think they're cute. They'd be great for a Lolita based cat costume or something...maybe not for a typical daily coordinate though.
ResponderEliminarAnd I can almost see this working with a giant hair bow worn in front of it with a little bit of ears peaking through...