For day one of the Lolita 30 Day challenge, this is what I have to do:
Day 1: 10 things about your lolita bubble
Truthfully, I´m not quite sure what it means by "lolita bubble". But taking from the expression "personal bubble", I´ll assume that it means to define aspects in relation to lolita and myself. So, here goes:
- I am a girl who considers herself "not quite a lolita yet"- I´ve only dressed in full out-lolita (i.e. with my huge petti and a wig) in public a few times. I tend to dress more in "casual lolita" when I feel the urge, since I´m a person with a bit of an eclectic style.
- My family environment isn´t very accepting of lolita: my mother hates it (and has expressed her embarassment about my dressing loli), my father thinks I´m a bit crazy, and my brother doesn´t particularly care one way or another. My aunts and uncles.....well, best not talk about them. They´ve refused to be seen in public with me when I´m dressed "like that", as have my cousins.
- My town envoronment isn´t particularly supporting either: I have gotten stared at, catcalled and taken pictures of without permission. :/ On the other hand, nice old ladies have complimented my dress, bonnet and petti on several occasions. That has to count for a bit of positive feeling. :3
- My friends: are actually pretty supportive. I have one friend who lilol occasionally dress in punk loli or goth loli to match with me. I have another that doesn´t care, as long as I´m not too extreme (she´s even bought a loli dress for herself as an experiment to wear to a Con with me). I have yet another who has told me that she´s seen my slow attraction to all things loli, and that it was logical that I´d end up like this (LoL). And so on and so forth. So: Yay friends!!
- I am an active member of an Asian Fashion forum (MAF), and have met many wonderful lolitas (and non-lolitas) there, who I also consider friends.
- I was initially very attracted to sweet lolita, especially OTT prints, but have grown out of that phase. Now I´m more interested in Classic style, or substyles like coutry lolita or sailor lolita. I think they´re more versatile, since they can be used in loli coords and in more mainstream coords, sometimes.
- My wardrobe has a lot of Meta in it, a Baby and AP pair of pieces, and one IW, but actually I really like Alice and the Pirates. I have a few Bodyline pieces, but it´s mostly secondhand brand, since I figure--I don´t dress lolita so often that I need an extensive wardrobe. Which means: I deliberate quite a bit, and then buy. The only breand non-secondhand that I own is a Meta Ruffle Pinafore JSK in navy. And the tax on it nearly killed me (70 euros!! More than a third of the price of the JSK in TAX!!), so I´m wary of buying NEW brand again soon.
- For me, dressing lolita must involve wigs or hairpieces of some sort. Otherwise, I don´t get that "primped up" and "dolled up" feeling that I want to feel when I dress loli. I´m into braids at the moment. Braids and buns.
- I actually don´t recall when I first became enamoured of lolita. It sprang into being sometime, probably initiated by an anime or something, then a search for pictures, and then falling in love with the pettis, dresses and outfits (again, since I loved dresses as a youg child).
- To me, lolita is a way to express myself and wear things that I think are pretty, even if they´re not mainstream. It´s my way to indulge in the "love of cute things" that is so characteristic and ingrained within my self that I will never let it go. Thogh sometime I feel insecure with all of the stares an comments, when it comes right down to it.....I´d rather walk around with my Usakumya, hug it, get whispered about and perhaps blush a bit than long for an Usakumya but be too scared to buy it.
This is Agent Conejoso 007-->
(Bunnybear Agent 007). He´s a size medium Usakumya,
in offwhitexoffwhite. He´s my first
Usakumya, got him around last
November,I think.
love your usakumyas so much <3 I'm so jelly! <3
ResponderEliminar^_^ What I like most about my white one is that he´s all white....not like the newer versions, which sadly have pink ribbons.
ResponderEliminar