miércoles, 10 de agosto de 2011

Hearty Chicken Bake

I seems that I have become a fan of making baked food lately.....but this time, it was dinner: a "Hearty Chicken Bake".
 This is my new Cooking Bible. Seriously.

It consists of a mashed potato, cheese and toasted onion (think IKEA swedish onions) crust, and a "filling".The filling of this singular "pie" is made of mixed chopped veggies (I mixed peas, carrots, green beans and potato), chicken cubes, cream of chicken soup and ground black pepper and garlic. All of it is baked 30 minutes in the oven, and then topped with more onions and cheese and set to "gratin", to toast the top. It is insanely delicious, and I´m proud that it turned out well, since it was the first time I tried making it by myself. My brother had been asking me to make it for awhile, and since his girlfriend came over for dinner, I figured "Why not?". All in all, it too between one hour and an hour and a half to prepare (including 35 minutes of oven-baking), mostly since I had to make quite a few of the components from scratch. I bet I can reduce that time to less than an hour next time.

BEFORE:
 AFTER:

We came. We gorged. We digested.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario