However, a few months ago--oh, alright, half a year ago, a particular figure came to my notice. Now, I haven´t the foggiest idea what series this figure belonged to, except that it had to be samurai-related. What brought it to my attention? The fact that the figure´s plastic-or-resin-I-have-no-idea-what hakama actually had texture. It was so insanely detailed that it had resin looking like real cloth. It was then that I thought: "Hmmm, anime figures might have a bit more to them than I initially thought...". I mean, that´s some mad modeling/sculpting skills right there.
When I traveled to the Expo in Barcelona in late 2010, my fate was sealed: I saw one of my favorite characters of all time, and not just as a cheap plastic gashapon, but as a real, actual figurine. My wallet whipped out of my pocket so fast that I´m lucky it didn´t leave scorch marks as I shouted "I want THAT one!!!" while waving at the vendor frantically. I´m talking about this lovely bit of art:
Sesshoumaru, a full Inu-youkai from the Inuyasha series. He´s Inuyasha´s half-brother.
He´s nowhere near as detailed as the one I saw that made me interested in figures in the first place (and about a third of the price), but the fact that it´s Sesshoumaru just makes it worth it to me.
Not happy with just that, I also went ahead and bought another figure, but this time something on the other end of the spectrum. I swear, the vendor looked at me strangely for being a girly girl but buying this:
It´s a Gundam Model Kit of Wing Gundam Zero Custom, from the series Gundam Wing.
Gundam Wing was my first Gundam series, and it will forever be my favorite Gundam-universe, not only because it was absolutely plagued by cute anime-guys. Which look even better when cosplayed (or sadly, cross-played):
Aaaaah, what a shame that they´re all girl cosplayers.
When I got back home from Barcelona, my brother promised to build it with me (strangely enough, he looked excited. Go figure. Must be a guy thing. I´m only interested in the final product myself). He used to build Gundam model kits. Had the Deathscythe and Nataku, as well as Epyon and a few other Gundam chibis. They were lost somewhere when we moved.
Needless to say, six months later it is still in its box. I think I shall have to start pressuring him. I want it looking pretty and on display, darnit!


my goooood, you have that kind of thing in your possession and he's still in a box!!!! :-O he's sooooooo coool!!!! you must build it! Do you have to paint it as well? i bought one of these kits by mistake once, not only do I have to glue the pieces together, I must also paint them -.- yeaaahhh... she's still in a box too..... *sigh*
ResponderEliminar